Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship IS to enable academically meritorious and financially impoverished young Muslim students from Muslim communities in non-Muslim Communities to undertake Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Training.
About the Islamic Development Bank Turkiye Scholarships
The Islamic Development Bank is a multilateral development finance institution that is focused on Islamic finance for infrastructure development and is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. There are 57 shareholding member states with the largest single shareholder being Saudi Arabia.
Mindful of the importance of qualified human resources for social advancement and sustainable development, the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) has been very keen from the outset of its establishment to focus on human capital development alongside its mainstream development financing activities.
ISDB-Türkiye Scholarships Jaint Scholarship Programme offers scholarships to international students from all IsDB Member Countries and Muslim Communities around the globe to study.
Potential applicants should submit their applications via the Türkiye Scholarships website. Applications can be submitted in 8 languages, Turkish, Arabic, English, French, Russian, Bosnian, Persian, and Spanish
1. IsDB Scholarship Program for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries (SPMC)
The SPMC was launched in 1983 to enable academically meritorious and financially impoverished young Muslim students from Muslim communities in non-MCs to undertake undergraduate studies in medicine, engineering, computer sciences, information technology, agriculture, and other related fields in their own countries or the IsDB MCs.
2. IsDB Master of Science Scholarship Program (M.Sc.)
The M.Sc. The Scholarship Program was launched in 1998 to assist 20 IsDB LDMCs in the development of their human capital, especially in science and technology, which are both relevant and necessary for their development.
3. IsDB Merit Scholarship Program for High Technology (MSP)
The implementation of the Merit Scholarship Program commenced in 1992. The program is dedicated to advanced studies and/or research (3-year Ph.D. and 6-12-month post-Doctorate) in 16 applied science and high technology areas deemed necessary for the development of the MCs.
4. IsDB-ISFD Scholarship Program
The IsDB-ISFD Scholarship Program was launched in 2019 by IsDB with the support of the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD), with the specific aim of reducing poverty in 21 Least Developed IsDB Member Countries (LDMCs). The Program provides educational opportunities to academically meritorious and financially impoverished young men and women from 21 LDMCs to pursue bachelor studies in medicine, engineering, agriculture, and other related fields or a technical diploma at a public institute in their home countries or one of the IsDB member countries.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD, Fellowships
Value & Duration of Award:
- A monthly stipend that varies according to the country of study.
- A full tuition fee coverage.
- Medical Insurance.
- Roundtrip airline tickets.
- A settlement allowance is granted to students who study abroad.
- Graduation thesis preparation allowance. (For postgraduate students).
- Conference participation allowance, books, and clothing allowance (for doctoral students)
- Allowance for preparing scientific papers (post-doctoral program)
Eligible Countries: International Countries
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- In need of financial assistance without which study may have to stop
- Maximum age of 24 years
- Not an IsDB staff member or Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment (including temporary and consultant) of the IsDB Group nor a close relative by blood or adoption, with the term “close relative” defined as mother, father, sister, half-sister, brother, half-brother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew;
- Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major science subjects
- Provided evidence of language proficiency in the university medium of instruction as relevant. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, e.g., for English, by a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS, or by having passed the required level test conducted such as by the British Council or equivalent system in French or other languages.
- Provided certified English or French translation of all documents in case they are initially in other languages
- Be medically fit and willing to undergo medical examination after selection
- Having secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the program at a recognized college or university in their own country is desirable;
- Not living in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not a beneficiary of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies.
How To Apply for the Islamic Development Bank Turkiye Scholarships
Interested candidates should click “Here”
Application Deadline: Not Specified