The Application & Access Management Analyst is responsible for the end-to-end coordination of running core banking system end of day (EOD) process on daily basis, as well as coordinating the user access management review and monitoring activities.
- Run the bank’s core banking system end of day (EOD) daily process
- Create, generate, and customize EOD and start of the day (SOD) reports in business objective (BO) server.
System optimization and process improvement
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Provide technical support for enterprise-level application systems.
- Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
- Provide support for application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary.
- Establishing the causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify potential solutions for how to resolve an issue.
- Maintaining the availability and reliability of applications to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Assist with implementation of ICT application projects. Provide technical input where required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain user access management processes and procedures.
- Define, implement, and monitor processes for the minimal, controlled usage by technology staff of those wide-range access permissions necessarily held for support purposes.
- Perform daily Joiners/ Movers/Leavers (JML) report review and address issues accordingly including timely removal of access permission.
- Generate and/or prepare user’s profiles reports that detail their access rights for different systems.
- Forward user profiles report to business units for their reviews within agreed timelines.
- Forward exceptions picked during the user access reviews including access rights that violate the segregation of duties (SoD) principle.
- Document user access reviews and ensure signed off review sheets are properly filed for future reference.
- Continually devise ways of improving processes and procedures around reviews of user access
- Provide information related to user access rights issues as requested by auditors.
- Address audit and Management Assurance findings by performing actions under area of responsibility.
- Ensure controls defined in audit finding closures or management assurance reports related to area ofresponsibility are embedded in daily operations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced Diploma or University degree on relevant field
- BSc., BSc (Eng.) or BSc (Computers/IT) (Preferred)
- 3 years + experience in IT application support field preferably in the banking and financial industry
- Well-rounded understanding of technology, operations, and business processes
- Frequent System Downtimes
- Handling support activities with regard to staff with various skills levels and different cultures over long distances with no regular physical contact
- Liaising with vendors and having to deal with language barriers, etc.
- Application availability, Stability and Operational functionality challenges experienced by the business users, as well as system accesses management issues and controls
- Inadequate user knowledge on access management controls and requirements