Become part of the SEI Latin America Centre’s development and help expand our presence in this dynamic region. Our team, comprised of 28 colleagues from seven different countries in the Americas, conducts policy-relevant research in areas such as water management and sustainable transitions. We are committed to building a team of talented and dedicated environment and development professionals to foster growth and increase the impact of our centre.
This position is primarily focused on supporting the development of our current and future human resources. As a regional centre, we are engaged in projects across ten countries in North, Central, and South America, as well as the Caribbean. We are keen to welcome colleagues from across the region and provide support to non-Colombian applicants in securing necessary documentation to work in Colombia.
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to work under the SEI Latin America Operations Manager’s supervision. This role involves the ongoing development of human resources in our expanding organization. As part of the global organization, we adhere to SEI’s global People Agenda, encompassing all phases of an employee’s tenure, including Attract, Recruit, Develop, Retain and Exit. The Human Resources Specialist will strive to make SEI Latin America an attractive workplace, focusing on recruiting, developing and retaining talented individuals aligned with our mission.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, update and implement human resources strategies, instructions and practices specific to SEI Latin America, including annual human resources workplans and key performance indicators.
- Ensure compliance with local labour law regulations.
- Assist the Centre Director in promoting a healthy and productive working environment.
- Monitor labour market conditions in Colombia and Latin America to maintain SEI Latin America’s competitiveness in talent attraction and retention.
- Manage the employee benefits package, seeking efficiency and competitiveness in talent attraction and retention.
- Oversee the end-to-end recruitment process for employees and interns, including contract finalization for successful candidates.
- Facilitate effective new employee onboarding.
- Manage employment contracts, ensuring compliance with local laws and SEI policies, and handle visas and work permits for non-Colombia colleagues.
- Collaborate with senior researchers on the annual performance review process, identifying professional development needs and supporting employee training.
- Foster equity, diversity and employee well-being in a dynamic office environment.
- Conduct exit interviews and manage tasks relating to departing colleagues.
- Provide quarterly human resources reports to the SEI Latin America senior management team.
- Represent the centre in the global HR network and implement initiatives within our centre.
Who you are
You are a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, thriving in a fast-paced, research-oriented environment. You have the ability to build trust, meet deadlines, pay attention to details and maintain a big-picture perspective.
Preferred skills and experience
- An undergraduate degree in human resource management or business administration with a focus on human resources.
- 3–5 years of relevant experience in human resources.
- In-depth knowledge of Colombian labour law.
- Experience in recruitment processes, payroll administration and securing visas and work permits for international employees.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Experience in an international organization or environment.
How to apply
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience.
- Curriculum vitae or resume (as attachment).