Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships are offered to high-achieving international students who completed secondary school outside Australia or foundation studies in Australia and are enrolling in undergraduate degree.
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships Application type
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
Applicable study areas
All study areas
Number of Melbourne International Undergraduate scholarships awarded
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;have completed secondary school outside Australia or a foundation program in Australiahave received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne;have a secondary school result that places you in the top 3%, such as:
- GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 97% in the best three subjectsMost Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result at least 98%International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of at least 43 (must be completed at a secondary school outside of Australia)US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 in combination with a SAT of at least 1500 or a ACT of at least 31Canada Secondary School: an overall score of at least 97%India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE or State Board Exam); an overall score of at least 98%Vietnam High School: an overall Year 12 GPA of at least 9.7 or above
not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
For more information about undergraduate admissions entry requirements and eligibility for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships from your country and type of high school qualifications, please contact our Offshore Recruitment Team.
This scholarship is offered with different benefits to students with the highest selection score based on prior academic results. Selection scores may vary between years and are decided at time of selection.ConditionsThis scholarship can be deferred to the following calendar year and is subject to the Coursework Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
- Application process Students will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
- When will I know the outcome? The indicative turn around times to receive an outcome is 2 – 3 weeks from when the student received an unconditional course offer.Unsuccessful candidates will not be notified.
What are the benefits?
This scholarship provides either a:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree
- 50 per cent fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100 per cent fee remission for the three year duration of an undergraduate degree