Are you a technical professional interested in joining an elite team and learning the skills necessary to maintain one of the world’s largest information system infrastructures? If so, we are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for proven technology managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding, and the drive to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Key job responsibilities
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical data center activities with or without reasonable accommodation.
These activities include the following:
• Lifting and moving material up to 40 pounds each
• Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching
• Standing and walking for up to 8+ hours a day
• Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
• Work in a noisy environment
A day in the life
The successful candidate will have experience managing people with varying skill sets, an ability to identify inefficiencies, execute projects to improve current processes, and above all a mindset and dedication of putting the customer’s security of data first. Customer trust is foremost for cloud services provided by Amazon Web Services. Our customers must be guaranteed that their data will never be exposed. To assure this, physical security of the data centers and the tracking of any and all media types (disks, solid state disks, flash cards etc.) and other hardware is essential. This manager will manage a team that provides tracking, auditing, and decommissioning of all hardware at three data centers.
Decom Managers demonstrate a breadth of knowledge to include:
• Take ownership of technical issues and engage other teams when needed to drive resolution
• Show a strong aptitude for managing technicians and problem solving
• Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
• Maintain service level agreements through proactive issue detection and reporting
• Improve effectiveness through process innovation
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Warrenton, VA, USA
– Associate’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
– 2+ years of experience managing a team
– 1+ years of program/project management Active Security+ certification or ability to obtain one within 90 days of start.
– Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
– Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
– 2+ years in a data center technology role
– Experience developing operational metrics to drive efficiencies
– Experience representing your team/technical area to senior management Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within a deployment/build environment
– Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.