The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) with support from the Association of British Neurologists (ABN) are pleased to partner with the Department of Neurology of Cairo University and announce a one year neurology visiting fellowship position for one newly trained African Neurologist.
The one-year general neurology visiting fellowship aims to enhance neurological training within the African continent, enabling the successful applicant to meet new colleagues, and foster future cooperation. The training in Cairo will be a one-year Fellowship in general neurology. Training will be conducted in English.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 29 February 2024.
One-Year Visiting Fellow Program
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) with support from the Association of British Neurologists (ABN) are pleased to partner with the Department of Neurology of Cairo University and announce a one year visiting fellowship position for one newly trained African Neurologist.
The WFN has 124 member societies and six regional organisations and aims to foster brain health worldwide, working in partnership with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and others. The Association of British Neurologists (ABN) is a member society of the WFN. As Dr Richard Davenport, , ABN President said:
“We are delighted to partner again with the WFN to support a neurologist from Africa to benefit from this fellowship, to build on their training and to develop relationships with neurologists in other countries. We are looking forward to seeing who secures this fellowship.”
Neurology Visiting Fellowship Project Description
The WFN, will offer a one-year General Neurology fellowship at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt.
The purpose is to enhance neurological training within the African continent, meet new colleagues, and foster future cooperation.
Training will be conducted in English.
The visit will take place for one academic year from September 2024 to August 2025.
Details about support
The visiting fellow will receive the following support:
- Reimbursement for one economy flight from the Fellow’s country of residence to Cairo and the return journey.
- Reimbursement of Accommodation for the academic year.
- A monthly allowance for living expenses (food and beverage) during the academic year.
- Health insurance and insurance to practice medicine, during the stay in Cairo (to be arranged by the hosts).
- The amount of scholarship will be paid to the University of Cairo which will reimburse the fellow’s expenses
|Attention: Please note that support is provided for the visiting fellow only, and does not include family or dependents. WFN is not responsible for financial issues other than related to the project.
Criteria for applications:
- The applicant must be a resident of a low or lower-middle income country from the Sub-Saharan African continent
- The applicant must be born after 31.12.1981
- The applicant must have recently completed his/ her neurology training
- The applicant must be fluent in English
WFN and ABN
- Professor Steven Lewis, WFN Secretary General, Chair of the Education Committee
- Professor Riadh Gouider, WFN Trustee, Co-Chair of the Education Committee
- Prof Neil Robertson, ABN President Elect
Cairo Training Centre
- Professor Ahmed Abdelalim
- Professor Maged Abdel Naseer
- Dr Augustina Charway-Felli, AFAN President
- Dr Osheik Seidi, AFAN Representative
Deadline for application
Thursday 29 February 2024
For any questions regarding the application, please contact Mrs Jade Levy (Executive Assistant Education Project Coordinator) by email at email@example.com