The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook is a budget-friendly laptop that runs on Chrome OS. It has a 14-inch touchscreen display with full HD resolution and 300 nits of brightness. It is powered by the MediaTek Kompanio 520 processor, which is designed for running Android apps and web browsing. It also has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage. The laptop has a sleek and lightweight design, weighing only 2.86 pounds and measuring 0.73 inches thick. It comes in a stylish Abyss Blue color that stands out from the crowd. The laptop also boasts a long battery life of up to 12 hours, as well as WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity. The laptop has a microSD card slot, a USB-C port, a USB-A port, and a headphone jack. It also has a 720p webcam with a privacy shutter and stereo speakers with MaxxAudio.
MediaTek Kompanio 520 (8C, 2x A76 @2.05GHz + 6x A55 @2.0GHz)
Integrated ARM Mali-G52 2EE MC2
4 GB LPDDR4X-3733MHz (Soldered)
64 GB eMMC
14″ FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, Anti-Glare, Touch, 100%sRGB, 300 nits, 60Hz
720P HD with Array Microphone
Grey – English (US)
Wi-Fi 6 2×2 AX & Bluetooth® 5.1 or above
1 Year Courier or Carry-in
Design & build
The initial perception I form when evaluating each laptop commences from the instant I skillfully extract or raise it from its packaging. Upon initial contact with the IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook, I experienced an immediate sense of contentment owing to its lightweight nature. The weight of approximately 1. 3kg classifies it within the ultraportable category.
I do not personally engage in commuting to work, therefore I lack the authority to provide insights on the experience of transporting work-related materials on the subway. However, for individuals such as myself who work remotely on a permanent basis, carrying the Slim 3 within the confines of my household proved to be a seamless and uncomplicated task.
The design exhibits an understated and refined quality, possessing an unassuming yet captivating aesthetic appeal. I have a particular affinity for the textural composition exhibited by the surface coating of the lid. If one were to pass their hand over the lid, it would be observed that one side exhibits a smooth texture, while the other side presents small elevated protrusions. The inclusion of this minute aspect imparts a modicum of indispensable opulence to the entirety of the device. The “Abyss Blue” color scheme possesses an aesthetically pleasing quality. The color does not exhibit any distracting effects and possesses an inherently elegant appearance when appropriately illuminated.
Keyboard & trackpad
I found the keyboard and trackpad to be very familiar, similar to the ones on my personal Chromebook, so I didn’t face any difficulties using them. I often find myself sitting in a folded position like origami when I am in bed, with my laptop delicately resting on my legs, which may explain why I frequently encounter muscle discomfort.
Using a laptop keyboard is extremely challenging due to this particular position. Nevertheless, while sitting upright and using the Slim 3 on a table, I found the typing experience to be enjoyable. The keyboard keys had a responsive and bouncy feel, and making typing errors was uncommon.
The trackpad was just as easy to get used to. I appreciate its central placement on the keyboard deck. There is nothing more frustrating than a trackpad that is not properly aligned. While some people enjoy them, they manage to completely ruin my day.
In terms of utilizing the trackpad, it successfully detected my taps and swipes without any issue. The texture was incredibly smooth, resembling glass despite not being made of it. There were only a handful of slight mistakes scattered throughout.
Display & audio
The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook is a laptop that features a 14-inch FHD touchscreen display and front-firing speakers. Here are some details about its display and audio specifications:
- The display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is also known as Full HD or FHD. This means that the display can show more details and sharper images than lower-resolution screens.
- The display uses IPS technology, which stands for in-plane switching. This means that the display has wide viewing angles, high color accuracy, and consistent brightness levels. IPS displays are ideal for tasks that require accurate colors, such as photo editing or graphic design.
- The display has an anti-glare coating, which reduces the amount of light that reflects off the screen. This makes the display easier to see in bright environments, such as outdoors or under direct sunlight.
- The display supports touch input, which means that you can interact with the laptop using your fingers or a stylus. You can tap, swipe, pinch, and zoom on the screen to navigate through apps and websites. Touch input can also enhance your productivity and creativity, as you can use gestures and drawing tools to perform tasks more efficiently and intuitively.
- The display covers 100% of the sRGB color gamut, which is a standard measure of color range. This means that the display can reproduce all the colors that are defined by the sRGB standard, which is widely used in digital photography and web design. A high color gamut can improve the visual quality and realism of images and videos on the screen.
- The display has a brightness level of 300 nits, which is a unit of luminance. This means that the display can emit 300 candelas (or candles) of light per square meter. A higher brightness level can make the display more visible and comfortable to use in different lighting conditions.
- The audio system consists of two 2W stereo speakers that are located on the front edge of the laptop. These speakers are tuned by Waves, which is a company that specializes in audio processing and enhancement technologies. The speakers deliver clear and loud sound quality, with balanced bass and treble frequencies.
- The audio system also supports Bluetooth 5.2, which is a wireless technology that allows you to connect compatible devices, such as headphones, speakers, or microphones, to the laptop. Bluetooth 5.2 offers faster data transfer rates, lower power consumption, and higher security than previous versions of Bluetooth.
These are some of the main features of the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook’s display and audio system. If you want to learn more about this laptop, you can visit its official website1 or read some reviews.
Webcam of Lenovo IdeaPad Chromebook Slim 3
The webcam of the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook is a 720P HD camera that is integrated into the top bezel of the display. Here are some features and specifications of the webcam:
- The webcam has a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, which is also known as HD or high-definition. This means that the webcam can capture clear and detailed images and videos, with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- The webcam has an array microphone, which is a type of microphone that uses multiple microphones to capture sound from different directions. This can improve the quality and clarity of the audio, as well as reduce background noise and echo.
- The webcam has a privacy shutter, which is a physical cover that can slide over the camera lens when not in use. This can prevent unwanted access or spying from hackers or malware, as well as protect the camera from dust and scratches.
- The webcam has a mute switch, which is a button that can turn off the microphone when not needed. This can prevent accidental or unwanted recording or broadcasting of your voice, as well as save battery power and bandwidth.
- The webcam supports Google Meet, which is a video conferencing service that is integrated with Chrome OS and other Google apps.
Connectivity of Lenovo IdeaPad Chromebook Slim 3
The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook is a laptop that offers various connectivity options for your online and offline needs. Here are some details about its connectivity specifications:
- The laptop supports Wi-Fi 6 2×2 AX and Bluetooth 5.21, which are wireless technologies that allow you to connect to the internet and other compatible devices, such as headphones, speakers, or keyboards. Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 offer faster data transfer rates, lower power consumption, and higher security than previous versions of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- The laptop has one USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 port and one USB 3.2 Gen 1 port1, which are physical connectors that allow you to plug in external devices, such as flash drives, hard drives, or monitors. USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 supports Power Delivery (PD) 3.0, which means that you can use it to charge the laptop or other devices2. USB 3.2 Gen 1 offers faster data transfer speeds than older versions of USB.
- The laptop has one HDMI 1.4b port1, which is a video output connector that allows you to connect the laptop to a TV, projector, or monitor. HDMI 1.4b supports up to 3840 x 2160 pixels at 30 Hz3, which means that it can display high-definition images and videos on a larger screen.
- The laptop has one headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5 mm)1, which is an audio input/output connector that allows you to plug in headphones, earphones, or microphones. You can use this jack to listen to music, watch videos, or make voice calls.
- The laptop does not have a card reader1, which is a device that can read data from memory cards, such as SD cards or microSD cards. If you want to transfer data from a memory card to the laptop, you will need an external card reader or an adapter.
These are some of the main features of the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook’s connectivity system. If you want to learn more about this laptop, you can visit its official website4 or read some reviews5 .
The performance of the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook is a key aspect of its appeal as a laptop for everyday use. Here are some factors that affect its performance:
- The laptop is powered by the MediaTek Kompanio 520 processor, which is an octa-core chip that runs at up to 2.05 GHz. This processor is designed for Chromebooks and offers fast and smooth performance for web browsing, streaming, gaming, and multitasking3.
- The laptop has 4 GB of LPDDR4X-3733MHz memory, which is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be upgraded. This amount of memory is sufficient for most Chrome OS tasks, but may limit the number of tabs and apps that can be opened simultaneously without slowing down the system.
- The laptop has 64 GB of eMMC storage, which is a type of flash memory that offers faster access speeds than hard disk drives, but lower than solid state drives. This amount of storage is adequate for storing files and apps on the laptop, but may fill up quickly if you download a lot of media or offline content. You can expand the storage by using a microSD card or an external drive.
- The laptop supports Wi-Fi 6 2×2 AX and Bluetooth 5.2, which are wireless technologies that offer faster data transfer rates, lower power consumption, and higher security than previous versions of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth12. These technologies enable you to connect to the internet and other devices with ease and reliability.
- The laptop has a 47 watt-hour battery, which can last up to 13.5 hours on a single charge, depending on the usage and settings. This battery life is impressive for a Chromebook and allows you to use the laptop for a whole day without worrying about plugging in.
These are some of the main features that affect the performance of the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook. If you want to learn more about this laptop, you can visit its official website4 or read some reviews .