Many Utah Valley University services and systems are accessible through the myUVU login portal. Email, the UVU academic calendar, and announcements will be available to all students and employees. Students can also view their classes, registration, and student records.
How to log into myUVU
To log into myUVU, you can follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser and go to the UVU homepage (www.uvu.edu).
2. In the top right corner, you will see a “myUVU” button. Click on it.
3. You will be redirected to the myUVU login page.
4. Enter your UVU ID or username in the first field. This is usually your student or employee ID.
5. In the next field, enter your password. If this is your first time logging in, your password will be your birthdate in MMDDYY format.
6. Click on the “Login” button to access your myUVU account.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the “Forgot Password” link on the myUVU login page. Follow the instructions provided to reset your password.
How to find your UVID
- Click here to access the UVID Lookup Tool.
- You will be taken to a page where you can enter the following information:
- First and last name
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Once you have entered all necessary information, click Find, and you will be provided with your UVID.
How to find your password
- Click here to access the Password Recovery Options screen, located on the myUVU login page.
- You will be taken to a page where you can enter your UVID.
- Once you have entered your UVID, click Search, and a verification code will be sent to one or both of your recovery options (email and phone number).
- Once you receive the verification code, enter it into the field located on the password recovery page.
How to log in to UVU service center for the first time
To log in to the UVU Service Center for the first time, follow these steps:
1. Open your web browser and go to the UVU Service Center website.
2. On the login page, you will see a section titled “First Time Users.” Click on the “Click here to set your password” link.
3. You will be redirected to the UVU Password Manager page. Enter your UVU ID in the designated field and click the “Submit” button.
4. On the next page, you will need to provide additional information to verify your identity. This may include your date of birth, social security number, or other personal details. Enter the required information and click the “Submit” button.
5. Once your information is verified, you will be prompted to create a new password. Follow the guidelines provided on the page to create a strong and secure password. Enter your new password and confirm it by entering it again in the appropriate fields.
6. After setting your password, click the “Submit” button. You will then be redirected back to the UVU Service Center login page.
7. On the login page, enter your UVU ID and the new password that you just created. Make sure to type the password correctly, as it is case-sensitive.
8. Click the “Login” button to access the UVU Service Center for the first time.
Once logged in, you may be prompted to update your personal information or complete any necessary tasks. Follow the on-screen instructions to navigate through the UVU Service Center and access the resources you need.
Steps to set up student Gmail on your mobile device
Before you set up your myUVU Gmail, make sure to sign in to your myUVU account.
To set up your myUVU Gmail on a smartphone or tablet, follow these steps:
- Download the Gmail application from your phone’s application store.
- Open the Gmail application and tap Sign In.
- NOTE: If you already have an account set up on the Gmail application, tap the menu icon (located in the top left corner of the app), tap the down arrow next to the account name, and tap Manage Accounts. Tap Add account to add your myUVU Gmail.
- When prompted for your email address, enter in @my.uvu.edu and tap Next.
- You will be brought to a UVU Login Services page—sign in with your UVID and password.
- Congratulations! Your student Gmail is now set up on your Gmail app.
How to register your courses on my UVU
There are two ways to do registration. Try both options below and see what works best for you.
Option 1: Schedule wizard
The Schedule Wizard makes it easy to build your perfect class schedule.
- Log into myUVU for Students.
- Select Registration and Academics.
- Select Schedule Wizard from the Plan & Register section.
- Add desired classes and generate a schedule, then register!
Option 2: Registration system (Banner)
The Banner registration system provides a robust toolset for schedule maintenance.
- Login to myUVU for Students.
- Select Registration and Academics.
- Select Add/Drop System from the Plan and Register section.
- Select the term, then click Continue.
- Enter your class search criteria and add classes to your summary.
- DON’T FORGET! You must click Submit to save your changes.
How to view your transcript on myUVU
To view your unofficial transcript:
- Log into myUVU.
- Go to Registration & Academics.
- Scroll down to Academic Records.
- Select “View” in the My Transcripts section.
- Select “Undergraduate” for your Transcript Level.
- Select “Unofficial” for your Transcript Type.