The Network & Data Centre Specialist is responsible for the network’s communications between the Bank’s branches, head office, ATM’s, primary data center, secondary data center, and all other partner connectivity’s. The job holder serves as a technical expert in network administration and Data Centre Operations
- Support and manage the network infrastructure.
- Recommends the redesign and configuration of network devices and optimization of all network and data centre environment.
- Evaluate network equipment requirements and proposals for supply, implementation, and development of new or existing services and systems.
- Install, test and audit hardware and software systems and configure the network devices to ensure effective and secure connectivity.
- Develop plans to ensure effective scheduling of IT network change ensuring the completion of network connectivity projects within expected time and cost frames.
- Ensure SLA’s are followed and met, through the monitoring and reporting of targets, and the undertaking of corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure that documentation of server configurations, local area networks and any changes to the configuration/network design is carried out.
- Ensure the highest level of system availability and performance is achieved through measurement and proactive initiatives.
- Regular monitoring of all outstanding faults and liaison with the services providers regarding the faults and provide reports on a regular basis on network and bandwidth utilization.
- Provide a range of Data Centre and Network Infrastructure service availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Provide holistic support of Data Centre and Network Infrastructure service availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact Data Centre and
- Network Infrastructure service availability.
- Ensure shortfalls in Data Centre and Network Infrastructure availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed.
- Take action on agreed appropriate actions with Line Management to maintain or improve Data Centre and
- Network Infrastructure availability levels Infrastructure.
- Act as a coordination point for changes to Data Centre and Network Infrastructure when needed.
- Oversee the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of Data Centre Infrastructure and operations (both Production & DR), focusing on equipment maintenance and inventory, environmental control systems and daily monitoring.
- Responsible for availability, recoverability, and security of Data centres facilities (Power Utility feeds, Generator systems, UPS, battery string, etc.), Cooling (HVAC, chiller, and CRAC units), Fire Detection & suppression.
- Lead Disaster Recovery initiative from an infrastructure perspective, including documenting recovery procedures of all critical components.
- Provide data centres facilities statistics and reports to aid in management decisions.
- Create and maintain a forward-looking availability plan aimed at improving the overall availability of IT services and infrastructure components to ensure that existing and future availability requirements can be met.
- Review and provide inputs to Control Self Assessments (CSA) and Risk and Control Assessments (RCA’s) prepared in the function. Complete attestations to testify to the adequacy of controls on request.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably assigned by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced Diploma or University degree in relevant field
- BSc., BSc (Eng.) or BSc (Computers/IT) (Preferred)
- 3 years + experience in IT application support field, preferably in the banking and financial industry
- Well-rounded understanding of technology, operations, and business processes
- Frequent System Downtime
- Handling support activities about staff with various skills levels and different cultures over long distances with no regular physical contact
- Liaising with vendors and having to deal with language barriers, etc.
- WAN/ LAN Connectivity, MPLS and Equipment challenges experienced by the various regional office