Location: Ruangwa District Council, Lindi Region, Tanzania
Contract: Fixed Term Contract one year
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
The Project Assistant is responsible for supporting the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) programme in Tanzania. Working with internal and external partners to ensure programme accountabilities are clear and embraced. This role supports the full lifecycle of the programme from planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting to documentation and advocacy.
We are looking for someone who has similar experience in an international development role to join the team in Tanzania on a one-year fixed term contract. If you have strong attention to detail, excellent time management with programme knowledge in this sector then we would like to hear from you.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of International Trachoma Initiatives (ITI’s), the Avoidable Blindness Fund and Trachoma Programme activities
- Supporting the review of reporting timelines for both donors and country office
- Advocating Sightsavers to partners regarding the current initiatives underway
- Facilitating meetings with partners to advocate and disseminate shared learnings
- Support project partners with budgets, forecasts, timely financial returns
- Proactively share relevant case studies, interesting news stories, participate in advocacy work
Skills and Experience
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Understanding of government systems particularly the health sector through the Ministry of Health and local government authorities
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Report writing
- Administrative support
- Strong communication and time management
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Previous experience working with budgets, forecasts and reports
- Strong IT with knowledge of global ICT systems desirable
The Programme Assistant is a highly involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 6 November 2023. This will be a virtual interview lasting up to one hour.
As an equal opportunity Employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.