The Masters scholarships apply to the 1 year full time degree of Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management MUS (UM) at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by the Wits-TUB-
UNILAG Urban Lab programme.
Due date to apply for admission into the MUS (UM) is 31 Juy 2023.
Due date to apply for the scholarship is 30 September 2023.
CALL FOR MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS VALUE, PERIOD AND CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
This call is open for applicants who are from sub-Saharan African countries other than
South Africa. A separate call for South Africans will be open soon.
For all applicants whose highest degree was not obtained in South Africa, a proof of
application for assessment of their degrees by the South African Qualifications Authority
(SAQA) must be attached to the scholarship application.
The Masters scholarship programme focuses on four innovation areas which address SDG implementa
tion in urban areas:
- Politics and policy of the urban
- Understanding complex urban systems
- Managing change processes
- Co-producing knowledge between theory and practice.The masters scholarship covers the duration of one academic year.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend covering living expenses
- Travel from home country/ place of origin
- Student medical aid (12 months) Selected students will be required to be self-sufficient
from February-April 2024, as their living allowance will be paid in May 2024.
They will be responsible for organizing their accomodation in Johannesburg as well as for
organizing their travel to Johannesburg, and for coveringthe respective costs. The
expenses will be refunded duringthe first half of the academic year.
Students applying for the scholarship are required to pay for their SAQA fee costs. SAQA
fee costs will not be refunded.
- The Wits-TUB-UNILAG reserves the right not to make all or to make no scholarship awards.
- HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME?
For instructions on how to apply, please download the full call with detailed instructions, and the application form, at the following link:
VALUE, PERIOD AND CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The master‘s scholarship covers the duration of one academic year.
Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract stipulating the conditions of the scholarship.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee,
- Monthly stipend (living
expenses covering: subsistence
expenses and accommodation
- Travel from home
country/place of origin,
- Student medical aid (12 months).
Selected students will be required to be self-sufficient from February
to April 2024, as their living allowance will be paid in the month of May. They will be responsible for organizing their own travel to Johannesburg, their accommodation in Johannesburg and other related costs.